Are you new to dentures and not sure how to care for them properly? If so, we can help you! Dentures are a common form of smile restoration, and they need proper care and treatment to stand the test of time. Without proper care, you could place your dentures at risk for damage or the need for repairs.
Our prosthodontists, Dr. Taylor Goggins, offers dentures to patients who need a smile restoration. That is why our team is happy to teach you how to care for your dentures, so they can last for years to come.
Here is some information on how to care for your dentures:
– Fragile: Dentures are known to be fragile, so make sure that you don’t drop them.
– Abrasion: Dental abrasion can arise due to products you may use on your dentures, including hot water, bleach or teeth whiteners.
– Cleaning: To clean your dentures, soak them overnight in a cleaning solution that is approved for denture use.
– Drying Out: Dentures often run the risk of drying out and cracking if they are not always kept in a liquid solution.
– Contamination: To help avoid contamination, make sure that your dentures are always clean and free of debris.
– Repairs: If your dentures ever need restorations, bring them to Denver Restorative Dentistry for repairs.
If you have questions about how to care for your dentures in Broomfield, Colorado, or if you need help maintaining your oral health, please call us today at 303-586-1019 to make an appointment. We are happy to assist you with your smile and denture needs.